Vintage Navy Blue Wool US Air Force Pea Coat, Vietnam Era.
• Awesome condition for the age of the coat, which I believe to be Vietnam era, but I could be wrong. •Viewing the picture bottom left, you see that the coat can be buttoned either way and I assume this to be so that the coat could be issued to either a male or female Airman, but that might not actually have anything to do with it. I did not completely button it for that photo because those buttonholes have obviously seen little, if any use and are extremely snug.
• Lining is a dark blue silky material and in excellent condition, even at the joining of the sleeves.
• Gently worn and in fantastic overall condition; no holes, tears, or rips on the coat; a few minor moth nibbles here and there, but nothing major and nothing to worry about.
• Two exterior front hand warmer pockets and one interior pocket. • The coat has 13-star buttons in a silvery metal and the buttons on the viewer’s left are sewn to small buttons inside.
•The coat has a back vent and US Air Force rank patches sewn onto the top sleeves; those are in great condition too.
• Coat has been stored away for a good while so may need cleaning and/or freshening up. It is enormously heavy and is comforting in the way of a weighted blanket.
• Size on interior tag is shown as 37R, which I’ve never even heard of, but PLEASE compare the measurements to one of your own coats to determine fit.
Color: Navy Blue
Condition: Vintage excellent
Length: 42½″ from base of collar seam to hem, center of back
Waist: 14½” across on the back at narrowest point fastened
Shoulder: 17¾″ sleeve seam to sleeve seam outside at back
Sleeve: 25½″ from shoulder seam to hem, 17½″ from armpit seam to hem